Kiwanis International was founded in 1915 by a group of businessmen in Detroit, Michigan, United States. The name “Kiwanis” was derived from an American Indian expression, “Nunc Kee-wanis,” which means, “We trade. The motto changed to “We Build” in 1920 and transitioned to “Serving the children of the world” in 2005.

The Greater Danbury Club has been serving the community for 79 years.